Jambé is an advanced percussion instrument that combines a sophisticated hardware controller with an incredibly powerful iOS-based sound engine architecture, dubbed Sample Powered Matrix synthesis, or SPX. Jambé was designed with the idea that a single hand or stick strike on a pad maps to an incredibly powerful individual voice, each with advanced expression and sound design features, including:
- Expanded Gestural Interpretation – normal percussive strike detection and MPE (Multi-touch Polyphonic Expression) style performance techniques, with sounds triggered or modified while a pad is held.
- Extensive Synthesis Tools – 2 LFOs, 3 envelopes, 2 tracking generators, and 2 ring modulators per voice. Over 30 modulation sources and over 40 modulation destinations.
- Natural Sonic Variations – 3 sample lists per voice with up to 8 samples per list.
- Sample List Modes – sequentially trigger the samples in a list, allowing stroke variations or sequential patterns. Crossfade between samples using a modulation matrix and trigger samples simultaneously for chords.
- Gestural Crossfade Between Sample Lists – creates effects like a closed slap or dead stroke without tying up multiple pads for an open and closed slap.
- Massive Polyphony – with the ability to use number of voices playing as a modifier for more natural sound layering.
- Unique Features – use the number of voices sounding as a modulation parameter. Enables sculpting the sound as more voices play. Perfect for adding special character to rolls, etc.
Like today’s musicians, Jambé lives in a connected world. Need a new sound for a last-minute gig? Quickly download one from your cloud drive or social media post. Playing with your hands or sticks? Jambé supports both.
Jambé is available and now shipping. Go to the JAMBÉ on-line store to place your order.
Any questions, find us on social media (Facebook), or send us an email.