Jambé is an advanced percussion instrument that combines a sophisticated hardware controller with an incredibly powerful iOS-based sound engine architecture, dubbed Sample Powered Matrix synthesis, or SPX. Jambé was designed with the idea that a single hand or stick strike on a pad maps to an incredibly powerful individual voice, each with advanced expression and sound design features, including:
- Expanded Gestural Interpretation – normal percussive strike detection and MPE (Multi-touch Polyphonic Expression) style performance techniques, with sounds triggered or modified while a pad is held.
- Extensive Synthesis Tools – 2 LFOs, 3 envelopes, 2 tracking generators, and 2 ring modulators per voice. Over 30 modulation sources and over 40 modulation destinations.
- Natural Sonic Variations – 3 sample lists per voice with up to 8 samples per list.
- Sample List Modes – sequentially trigger the samples in a list, allowing stroke variations or sequential patterns. Crossfade between samples using a modulation matrix and trigger samples simultaneously for chords.
- Gestural Crossfade Between Sample Lists – creates effects like a closed slap or dead stroke without tying up multiple pads for an open and closed slap.
- Massive Polyphony – with the ability to use number of voices playing as a modifier for more natural sound layering.
- Unique Features – use the number of voices sounding as a modulation parameter. Enables sculpting the sound as more voices play. Perfect for adding special character to rolls, etc.
Like today’s musicians, Jambé lives in a connected world. Need a new sound for a last-minute gig? Professionally designed instruments can be purchased through the iOS device. Play with your hands or sticks? Jambé supports both.
Jambé is now available for pre-ordering online. The first 200 customers on the Jambé store can place their Jambé pre-order to secure a place in line, and also receive a $200 discount! We expect Jambé to ship in 2017.